Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Malunggay Oil, Potent Life Oil!

I've always been a fan of malunggay or moringa olifeira since my first pregnancy. Reading and researching about it, I found out that it wasn't just good for lactating mothers, it was actually good for everyone. 
the humble malungai leaves,
so small on the notepad!

It is low in fats and carbohydrates. It is high in vitamin B, 2x the Protein of yogurt; 3x the potassium of bananas; 3x the Iron of spinach, 4x the calcium of milk and 7x the vitamin C of oranges.

And did you know that someone actually tried to make fuel from this? It worked and was cleaner than coconut oil but the cost to process it was too much :( hopefully some day, they'll be able to figure out a cost-efficient way to do it!

clockwise from left: malungai capsules,
malungai leaves, malungai seeds,
malungai oil in the jar
I never thought such tiny leaves held so much power. I remember when I was a kid, my mother would always add malunggay leaves to some of the dishes she cooked. I thought nothing of the tree growing by the side of the road near our house, but now with my two babies, I'm thankful that I wasn't picky with my food. I'm hopeful that I can pass on healthy eating habits to these little girls, including eating malunggay.

Nowadays though, when there's not much readily available for cooking, some health food stores carry a wide array of malunggay products. I so love Ecostore where they sell good malunggay powder for cooking and a really kickass malunggay pesto. They're all proudly philippine made so you are sure you are supporting our local trade and industry!

pure malungai extract

Or if you'd rather do it the health supplement way, may I suggest Malungai Life Oil. Made from pure malunggay extract (leaves AND seeds), it's all of moringa olifeira's full potency distilled in a gel capsule. Twice a day and you get all the benefits of eating a whole lot of malunggay leaves without having to climb up and pick them yourself! A product of proudly Filipino company Manila Nature’s Link, Malungai Life Oil is the only oilbased malunggay supplement in the market today.

manila nature's link, proud makers of MLO

Since I am still breastfeeding Olly, I am always looking for ways to keep myself healthy and improve my milk quality. This obviously hits two birds with one stone! I used to drink the powder capsule version that yes, was effective too. However, the pure oil extract was just more potent.

The key to it all is chlorophyll, engine of the plant’s powerful conversion of energy. By distilling both seeds and leaves into a pure, cold-pressed oil, MLO maximizes malunggay’s chlorophyll and renders it, in the words of a medical expert, “preserved, conserved and available.”

Amazingly, if you shine ultraviolet light on the capsule's oil, you'll see it register red-orange, the most powerful and energy laden in the spectrum! 

This means that malunggay’s health benefits can be delivered with more stability and consistency than in the dried powder that was previously available. So you get a synergistic combination of nutrients which normally can be obtained only from separate food sources.

my malungai family: 3yo oona, 9mo olly
and my mother who fed me malungai too!

Rich in Vitamin C, calcium, antioxidants and essential amino acids, malunggay has long been associated with benefits that are more relevant than ever. These include higher energy, increased immunity, and helping to manage three of today’s main health concerns: blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol.

I'm very sure Olly's getting the benefits of this through my milk. Even Oona's taking it! What I did was pop the gel and mix the oil with whatever she's eating. Since Oona's not picky, I don't have a problem with making her finish her food so she's able to ingest all of the malunggay oil. After all, she's been a malunggay baby too!

MALUNGAI LIFE OIL is available in packs of 10s and 60s, at Mercury Drug and other drugstores nationwide. For more product information, please visit http://www.malungailifeoil.ph/.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love malunggay. So sad it comes in the U.S frozen:(

Following your lovely blog and inviting you to add this at http://olahmomma.com/momlounge - a mommy blogger directory and more, where you can also meet more mom bloggers like you and get connected with them by visiting your profile after registration. You can Shout there too:)

You can also add there your giveaways and business links; get featured by sharing your crafts, recipes and interesting musings.

Following us back is deeply appreciated. Thanks and have a great day!

http://olahmomma.com -- blogging and connecting blogging moms.
{all moms welcome}

Mommyluscious said...

hi sis! that's too bad! don't worry as soon as i find out if they ship to the US, i'll let you know :) are you still breastfeeding?

Manoy. said...

Please like us on Facebook -

https://www.facebook.com/LifeOil

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm from Washington dc and also breastfeeding.. Can anyone tell me how I could get it? I just found out about this thru rated k and I'd like to try.. Please email me at this add if anyone has info:) sweetmona808@yahoo

LifeOilUSA said...

Hello! Anyone interested in this miracle pill can email me at lifeoilusa@gmail.com for orders anywhere in the US.